DISCLAIMER – I am by no means a professional chef but I do enjoy cooking up yummy treats and these were delish!
2 cups of wilted spinach (I used fresh spinach that I’d frozen in batches)
1 large onion
4 cloves of garlic, minced (I love garlic if you don’t love garlic put 2 or 3)
1 cup of ricotta
1 cup of fetta crumbled
2 tbsp Olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1 whisked egg & ½ tbsp water for egg wash
4 sheets of puff pastry (you can buy already made organic puff pastry)
- Dice onion and fry off onion and minced garlic in olive oil until cooked.
- Add the spinach in the pan and mix with cooked onion and garlic until all spinach wilted. Add salt and pepper to taste (not too much because fetta is salty).
- Let the filling cool down (drain any excess water) and pre-heat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Once the spinach filling has cooled down add the ricotta and fetta and mix together. Try the mixture and add salt and pepper as desired.
- Lay the pastry flat onto baking paper and add the filling on the edge (see image below) then roll and cut into smaller pieces (like you would roll up sausage rolls).
- Make the egg wash and brush over each roll then sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
- Chuck in the oven for about 20-30 minutes or until they are golden brown and the pastry cooked through.